- Car rental
Trusted Cars FLEX - App based on blockchain
THE PROBLEM We have seen a significant change in the behavior of consumers in the last decade. Modern customers prefer convenient, simple and flexible solutions rather than being locked into long-term contracts or having to spend time on a purchase that is plagued with uncertainty. The way we buy vehicles today doesn’t allow for flexibility and is rather a large fixed expense with risks. In a rapidly evolving technological world, our needs, desires and tastes change, not every 4-6 years but from month to month or even week to week. This changing behavior of customers combined with the technological landscape are making new solutions mandatory, however according to a recent study only...
Token sale ended
- Token: FLEX
- Price: 1 FLEX = 0.07 EUR
- PreICO start: 16 Jul 2018
- PreICO end: 31 Jul 2018
- ICO start: 17 Sep 2018
- ICO end: 31 Oct 2018
- Country: Germany
We have seen a significant change in the behavior of consumers in the last decade. Modern customers prefer convenient, simple and flexible solutions rather than being locked into long-term contracts or having to spend time on a purchase that is plagued with uncertainty. The way we buy vehicles today doesn’t allow for flexibility and is rather a large fixed expense with risks. In a rapidly evolving technological world, our needs, desires and tastes change, not every 4-6 years but from month to month or even week to week. This changing behavior of customers combined with the technological landscape are making new solutions mandatory, however according to a recent study only 1% of the total driven distance today is covered by new mobility concepts – the current available solutions therefore only cover a very small portion of the market, creating a massively unique opportunity. Currently, if you want to have the benefits of having a vehicle without any of the hassles of purchasing and owning one and without being locked into a long-term contract or paying exorbitant prices, your options are limited. There are Taxis for short-term and short-distance usage. We have seen some disruption in this space from companies like Uber and Lyft but these options still remain very expensive and are only practical for occasional usage. In the rental space traditional companies like Enterprise and Sixt are dominating the market and there has been some movement from more disruptive companies like Car2Go, Zipcar and Drivenow. These are usually still very expensive, charge by the minute and are only available in some major cities. P2P Car Sharing is a new alternative if you need a vehicle for a few days and if you don‘t mind the condition of the vehicle. On these platforms you usually only find old vehicles from private individuals which may be unreliable. The real issues are potential discomfort in picking up the vehicle from a stranger and the prospect for a negative interaction regarding vehicle condition upon return of the vehicle.
Affordable, all-inclusive and commitment-free! After extensive engagements and discussions with car dealers over the last three years, the use-case and road map became increasingly clear – we can solve their structural issues while creating and developing an all new opportunity for consumers to enjoy the benefits of having a vehicle without owning one. A solution that is not only flexible and reliable but also affordable and solving the allimportant convenience factor compared to any other alternative. We are introducing a new way of vehicle ownership. Choose the vehicle of your preference, drive it as long as you want and return or swap anytime. You drive, we take care of the rest. With our digital end-to-end solution customers can choose any vehicle they want from the available inventory of all participating car dealers within the TrustedCars Flex network, sign for it in the app, pick up the vehicle at their local dealership and start driving. No long-term contracts yet still incredibly fair pricing, with everything included except for fuel. Every vehicle includes warranty, roadside assistance, maintenance, insurance, taxes and registration. The decentralized Blockchain use-case means that there are ZERO set-up fees or any other hidden costs – our primary goal is 100% transparency. Customers make a low weekly payment for as long as they keep the vehicle. An all-inclusive, flexible and affordable solution for everyone who needs a vehicle but doesn’t want to buy – and then have to deal with the risks and uncertainties of a purchase or be locked into long-term contracts or pay exorbitant prices for car sharing and rental.
With TrustedCars Flex you decide when and for how long you need a vehicle and only pay for the time you actually use one. The use cases for our product are unlimited, to name a few:
- You haven‘t saved enough to buy your dream vehicle or you just started a new job and you don’t want the fi nancial liability of a purchase.
- You need a vehicle on a daily basis but you don’t want to own a car or worry about maintenance, repairs etc.
- You only need a vehicle from time to time, for example in the winter when you can’t ride your bike to work.
- Or you just like changing vehicles and driving a new one every now and then…
No problem with TrustedCars Flex. Pick an Audi A5 for 6 weeks, return it and take a BMW X3 for 10 weeks. You always wanted to drive a convertible for a few months, a few taps on your phone and you are ready to go. You register with TrustedCars once and from then on you can drive any vehicle you want from the available inventory of participating car dealers in the TrustedCars network as long as you want. We provide this solution not only for private customers but for companies as well. With TrustedCars Flex companies are not forced to sign a long-term leasing contract or pay exorbitant prices for rental cars anymore. Every employee can easily get a vehicle and change it as often as they like – and the company turns the large fi xed expense of employee vehicles into a variable and fl exible expense of vehicle accessibility
Head of Sales & Operations
Head of Development
Head of Front-End Development
Blockchain Advisor / Consultant / Strategist / Investor
- October 2015TrustedCars founded – with the vision of bringing online-shopping as a major part of modern society on to the automotive industry.
- 2016February: Seed financing June: Launch of TrustedCars.com Establishment of various partnerships: with TUV for the inspection of used cars, with the largest bank for car-financing, with renowned car dealerships and with insurance & warranty companies.
- 2017March: Relaunch of TrustedCars.com - with very high level of automation for the quick upload of cars through the implementation of a dealership-interface and the DAT database. Series A Financing September: Participation at IAA as an Exhibitor – the largest Fair for mobility and the automotive industry in the world. More than 30,000 cars listed on TrustedCars in 2017, with more than 100 car dealerships participating.
- 2018May & September: TrustedCars FLEX Token Sale 2nd half: Development and integration of blockchain and smart contract technology. Token listed on Exchanges. Beta Launch with our existing car dealership-network in Germany.
- 20191st half: Official product launch in Germany. Release of iOS and Android App enabling customers to get a car with a few klicks on their phone. Launch of payment system enabling users to receive and make payments in TrustedCars FLEX Tokens. Translation of website into various languages. 2nd half: Concrete plans set and ready to expand to UK, France, Italy and Spain. Including Multi-Language support.
- 2020+1st half: Expansion to the rest of Europe. Extension of FLEX Tokens for payment of various automotive services, like carwash, parking and other vehicle related services. 2nd half and beyond: Expansion to USA and key cities worldwide. Onboard advertisers and retailers to promote products using FLEX Tokens (Further value increase of Tokens).
- Platform: Ethereum
- Price: 1 FLEX = 0.07 EUR
- Accepting: BTC, ETH
- Token distribution: 65% - Crowdsale 15% - Dev & Expansion 13% - Founders & Team 5% - Advisory & Legal 2% - Bounty
- Soft cap: 20,000,000 FLEX
- Hard cap: 520,000,000 FLEX
TrustedCars GmbH Kaiserstraße 39 60329 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Prehistory of project
Launch of TrustedCars.com
Product or its MVP
According to the roadmap, start of IOS and Android App release is planned for H1 2019. No MVP were found at the moment
Advisor Paul Scott – Vice President of Business Development at Bravocoin
Advisor Ian Scarffe has a lot of experience in blockchain, all projects are listed in his profile
Advisor Ilya Anikin – Director, Partner in SHCapital.
No Escrow information were found