Smilo - platform that protecting individual's personal data
The Smilo platform is a decentralised hybrid blockchain platform – ‘hybrid’ meaning both public and private. This platform is the first of its kind to support the combination of hybrid transactions, -smart contracts, and -decentralised applications. Smilo's intent is to use the blockchain to create an alternative protocol for decentralised applications. Smilo's unique strength derives from the combination of multiple features: Hybrid smart contracts Hybrid decentralised applications Hybrid transactions Transparency Privacy and anonymity Connection to real life applications Hybrid smart contracts One of the best features of the Smilo platform is the...
Token sale ended
- Token: SMILO
- Price: 1 SMILO = 0.25 USD
- PreICO start: 28 Jun 2018
- PreICO end: 1 Nov 2018
- Country: Netherlands
The Smilo platform is a decentralised hybrid blockchain platform – ‘hybrid’ meaning both public and private. This platform is the first of its kind to support the combination of hybrid transactions, -smart contracts, and -decentralised applications. Smilo’s intent is to use the blockchain to create an alternative protocol for decentralised applications. Smilo’s unique strength derives from the combination of multiple features:
- Hybrid smart contracts
- Hybrid decentralised applications
- Hybrid transactions
- Privacy and anonymity
- Connection to real life applications
Hybrid smart contracts
One of the best features of the Smilo platform is the hybrid smart contract functionality, which is a combination of both public and private smart contracts. Traditional blockchain platforms like X and Y provide their users with the ability to implement either private or public smart contracts as their code. Meanwhile, the Smilo platform is the first, and currently only, platform to provide developers with the means to combine both public and private contracts on one and the same chain. This element can prove very useful in many scenarios; take the social funding sector as an example.
Many people wish to donate their money to charity, but only if they know it will be spent responsibly by the organisation that receives it. Organisations which implement the hybrid technology offerings of the Smilo platform can show their benefactors the exact course of their donations through public smart contracts while using private smart contracts to keep open the option to donate anonymously.
For instance, Jacob loves nature, and he is very concerned about ongoing climate change. Therefore, he wants to donate a significant amount of money to Greenpeace. However, Jacob does not want to publicly share the details of his donation, though he does want insight into the expenses of Greenpeace. Greenpeace can use Smilo technology to keep Jacob’s personal donation private, whilst the expenses of Greenpeace are public through the use of hybrid smart contracts. This hybrid process generates more transparency and trust in charities, and Jacob can anonymously donate money to his favourite causes.
Hybrid decentralised applications
Another great feature of the Smilo platform is the hybrid decentralised application option. Just as with hybrid smart contracts, hybrid decentralised applications offer uses for many different situations. For a private and secure messaging app, for example, the Smilo blockchain network can host public messaging apps. However, some of the messages sent through the messaging app need to be private and secure. Therefore, it is very important that the Smilo platform can manage both private and public decentralised applications.
Public transactions are completely transparent through Smilo, and they are visible through our blockchain explorer. On the other hand, when privacy and anonymity are necessary, we provide completely anonymous transactions that are both untraceable and not linkable.
In this new digitalised world, transparency is a way for many companies to earn consumer trust, as transparent operations lead to a reduction of scams, overcharging, unnecessary and expensive intermediaries, and more.
With the inherent features of blockchain technology put in the form of mutualised record-keeping in a near-irrevocable time-stamped ledger, we bridge the gap of the trust deficit, which otherwise would not be possible. Transactions can be safer and much more transparent.
The Smilo blockchain will be publicly available through the blockchain explorer. We see this explorer as a source of competitive advantage. Through this explorer transparency, efficiency and security are guaranteed. It is the place where customers meet suppliers to validate their transactions, openly and transparently.
Privacy and anonymity
There are a number of successful platforms which host smart contracts and decentralised applications, but none of these platforms have the ability to host both public and private smart contracts and decentralised applications. This is why we made the Smilo platform. Smilo is able to make certain smart contracts, transactions and decentralised applications anonymous, if the user so desires.
Connection to real life applications
The team behind Smilo firmly believes that connections to actual use cases is critical for a successful blockchain platform. To ensure Smilo’s connection with real-life applications, we want to link our platform to actual uses, including functions for the following:
- The medical sector
- The social funding sector
- Product tracking
- The insurance sector
- Public sector
- Logistics sector
- Escrow arrangements
With blockchain technology, the digitisation of these applications can be decentralised, trustful, traceable, highly transparent, anonymous (if desired), and free of intermediaries.
Head of Operations
Head of Marketing
Head of Technology
Front-end & Mobile App Developer
Front-end & Mobile App Developer
Front-end & Web Developer
- Q1 2017Idea from Elkan Roelen (founder)
- Q2 2017Forming Smilo’s team First written foundations
- Q3 2017Start prototype development Research of different network protocols and consensus algorithms
- Q4 2017Whitepaper development First partnerships Prototype development: - Implementation of blocks, transactions and verifications
- Q1 2018Website launch Official BV registration Opening community channels Prototype development implementation of: - Smilo BFT+ with SPoRT - Private transactions
- Q2 2018Private sale Prototype development: - Implementation of light wallet Open-source prototype on Github Starting development of: - SmiloVM - SmiloContract - Smilo SDK
- Q3 2018Private pre-sale Starting testnet development Starting hardware wallet development
- Q4 2018Testnet launch Light wallet launch
- Q1 2019Community-driven performance tests Consult and help partners with first Dapps Start development of Smilo's secret Dapp
- Q2 2019Public sale Mainnet launch SmiloContract development Implementing new languages Language choice based on community votes Mainnet launch event Token Distribution Exchange listing
- Q3 2019Hardware wallet launch First DevCon Smilo developers Multiple Dapp launches by partners
- Q4 2019Start DEX development
- 2020Extend Improved Sharding Multiple hardware wallet support Self sovereign identity
- 2021Off-Chain transactions
- Platform: Own platform
- Price: 1 SMILO = 0.25 USD
- Accepting: pre-ICO: USD, EURO, ETH, BTC; ICO: ETH
- Token distribution: 36% - Smilo Foundation 32% - pre-ICO 14% - Team 10% - ICO 8% - Bounty
- Soft cap: 2,500,000 USD
- Hard cap: 18,000,000 USD
Registered Address: Rotterdam, Netherlands
Prehistory of project
There is no prehistory informatio nbefore ICO was planned
Product or its MVP
There is a source code at github but no other MVP were found at the moment. All development is scheduled for 2019.
Thomas Modeneis – Blockchain Chief Architect at MDL Talent Hub
Advisor Stephan De Haes has a lot of experience in blockchain, all projects are listed in his profile
No escrow information were found