PARKGENE - Parking and Booking Service
PARKGENE enables Drivers to Conveniently and Cost-Effectively Book Parking Spots Directly from Individual Parking Space Owners. Starting from enabling peer-to-peer Airbnb-like parking services, PARKGENE’s mission is to create an ecosystem which connects the entire automotive industry in a mesh marketplace network that uses GENE tokens as the means of transaction. Parking in large cities can be a burden on drivers and on the cities themselves. Drivers spend nine minutes on average driving around in circles looking for a parking spot, creating traffic, while one in three drivers fails in securing a convenient spot. Existing platforms operate as parking industry intermediaries that...
Token sale ended
- Token: GENE
- Price: 1 GENE = 0.1 USD
- ICO start: 15 Jan 2018
- ICO end: 19 Mar 2018
- Country: Greece
PARKGENE enables Drivers to Conveniently and Cost-Effectively Book Parking Spots Directly from Individual Parking Space Owners.
Starting from enabling peer-to-peer Airbnb-like parking services, PARKGENE’s mission is to create an ecosystem which connects the entire automotive industry in a mesh marketplace network that uses GENE tokens as the means of transaction.
Parking in large cities can be a burden on drivers and on the cities themselves. Drivers spend nine minutes on average driving around in circles looking for a parking spot, creating traffic, while one in three drivers fails in securing a convenient spot.
Existing platforms operate as parking industry intermediaries that charge a premium for their services. At the same time, a peer-to-peer parking economy is not fully implemented, because intermediaries remain as arbitrators. Additionally, tax regulations restrict direct payments using fiat currency between individuals.
Using blockchain technology PARKGENE overcomes these roadblocks and allows drivers and parking owners to engage in a smart contract.
PARKGENE’s decentralized technology supplies new untapped parking spots in crowded cities by enabling seamless integration of all competing parking technology solutions offered by the industry, thus creating a functional marketplace.
Building a peer-to-peer parking community through blockchain technology and the use of GENE tokens as a flexible means of payment create an easy, accessible, transparent, cost-effective way for drivers to find parking spaces and for parking space owners to make extra income.
Establishing GENE Tokens as a parking industry means of transaction will attract other relevant industries (car insurance, tolls, automotive services, etc.), to use PARKGENE’s distributed ledger technology and start accepting GENEs for payments.
Leveraging all the advantages of smart contracts, circumventing intermediaries and paperwork, PARKGENE is ready to revolutionize the parking industry.
PARKGENE is an operational fork of PARKGURU, a successful parking booking platform focused on municipality and professional parking spots. The PARKGURU platform is already successful and operational with more than 50,000 users serving Europe and the US. The team consists of more than 30 developers.
PARKGENE has cloned PARKGURU technology to create its own version of peer-to-peer parking booking but has also expanded it by the addition of smart sensors, remote controls and Artificial Intelligence algorithms to make PARKGENE a best-of breed application. Additionally, implementation of cryptocurrency payments and GENE Tokens is already in development and expected to be released within a month from the end of the Token Sale.
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Operating Officer
Chief Technolgy Officer - Blockchain Expert
Chief Financial Officer
Chief of Digital Marketing
Professor at AUEB; Blockchain/Fintech Research
Director in MIT Auto-ID Laboratory - Cryptocurrencies/ blockchain researcher
Chief Specialist (Advisor to CEO – Smart City, ICT) - Road and Transport Authority of Dubai
Managing Partner Odyssey Venture Partners
CEO Parkzen LLC - Astrophysicist Professor at LSU
Stand Up Comedian / Technology Enthusiast
Parking Consultant - Complete Parking Management Consultancy Ltd
Actor / Economist / Technology Enthusiast
Quantitative Researcher at Jump Trading LLC
CEO - Day1 Technologies
- Platform Development and Commercial rolloutPark Booking Platform has been developed and successfully rolled out commercially in the form of a minimum viable product available as PARKGURU
- December 2017Pre-ICO Closed Round 2% of the tokens will be distributed during the Pre-ICO Closed Round
- January 2018Token Sale Up to 35% of the tokens will be distributed to fund the development of the PARKGENE project and commercial rollout
- February 2018Launch of PARKGENE Beta version Although the Beta version is a fully functional product for iOS, Android and Web, we use this phase to collect user feedback to optimize the experience
- May 2018PARKGENE Official release Official Launch and Global Advertising campaign. PARKGENE is available in more than 20 languages to address a global audience
- 2018-2019Community Growth We estimate 5 million PARKGENE active users by the end of 2018 and 15 million active users by the end of 2019
- PARKGENE ContinuedGlobal development Extending Technology, User Base, Partner ecosystem, ushering in the new era of parking services
- Platform: Ethereum
- Price: 1 GENE = 0.1 USD
- Accepting: ETH, BTC, BCH, DASH, LTC
- Token distribution: 40% - PARKGENE Future Fund 35% - Token Sale 10% - Advisors & Team 10% - Founders 5% - Bounty
- Hard cap: 1,000,000,000 GENE
Registered Address: Singapore
Prehistory of project
PARKGENE project has an already working business
Louis Hatzis – Author in Daily Fintech
No other blockchain experience were found
It is said on PARKGENE website that tokens are held in escrow but no proof of it were found.
By the way, project was approved and promoted by ICOBox