- Business services
MovieCoin - Fintech Platform for the Entertainment Industry
MovieCoin Holdings Inc. (the “Company”) is a next-generation financial technology company focused on leveraging blockchain technology, digital assets and proprietary applications to create a new standard currency for entertainment financing, business transactions and consumer payments. The Company has operations spanning content finance and production, business and consumer services and technology development and licensing. MovieCoin’s content finance and production businesses offer programmatic ownership of filmed entertainment assets to financial investors seeking institutionalized exposure to premium content, while its digital assets platform provides businesses with...
Token sale starts in:
- Token: MOV
- Price: 1 BTC = 60,000 MOV
- PreICO start: 18 Sep 2018
- PreICO end: 1 Dec 2018
- Country: United States
MovieCoin Holdings Inc. (the “Company”) is a next-generation financial technology company focused on leveraging blockchain technology, digital assets and proprietary applications to create a new standard currency for entertainment financing, business transactions and consumer payments.
The Company has operations spanning content finance and production, business and consumer services and technology development and licensing. MovieCoin’s content finance and production businesses offer programmatic ownership of filmed entertainment assets to financial investors seeking institutionalized exposure to premium content, while its digital assets platform provides businesses with innovative solutions to streamline operations and entertainment enthusiasts with unique and more engaging ways to participate in the movie experience.
The Company was founded in 2017 by Christopher Woodrow in partnership with BANKEX and is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia with offices in Santa Monica, California and New York, New York.
The Company’s objective is for the MovieCoin-branded platform to become the preferred portal for entertainment investment and for its cryptographic tokens to become the standard currency in a new Hollywood economy strengthened by the advantages of digital assets, blockchain-based asset management and cryptocurrency.
The Company operates in three primary business segments: content production and financing, business and consumer services, and technology development and licensing. The content production and financing business offers ownership of filmed entertainment assets to financial investors seeking institutionalized, programmatic access to financing of premium content. The Company’s financing and digital asset platform uses cryptographic tokens to provide businesses with solutions designed to mitigate risk and streamline operations and entertainment enthusiasts with more engaging ways to participate in the movie and entertainment experience.
The Company has been established as a Canadian corporation (British Columbia) and conducts business activities through its four primary operating subsidiaries: MovieCoin Entertainment (Delaware, United States), MovieCoin Capital (British Columbia, Canada), MovieCoin Services (George Town, Cayman Islands), and MovieCoin Technologies. MovieCoin Services and MovieCoin Capital are the issuing entities for separate issuances of Moviecoin Tokens (described below) and MSF Tokens (described below), respectively.
MovieCoin Entertainment serves as a production supervisor and financing manager on behalf of the Company’s content financing entity, MovieCoin Capital. MovieCoin Entertainment is staffed with seasoned Hollywood media executives primarily to originate and qualify commercial, theatrical feature film financing and investment, and also to identify attractive non-film content acquisitions or investments such as television or other entertainment assets.
MovieCoin Capital has been formed as an organizing entity to facilitate all film and television content investment through discrete financing vehicles managed by MovieCoin Capital, and originated and qualified by MovieCoin Entertainment through a producer services agreement. The Company intends to execute programmatic financing of multiple film and television projects. Film and television content is to be produced, financed and managed throughout its lifecycle the issuance of cryptographic tokens (described below). Financing of content acquisitions is to be completed through a combination of co-financings with third parties, private securities transactions structured as security token sales and/or credit facilities to be established with banks or other
MovieCoin Services has been formed to direct the benefits associated with the MovieCoin platform and Moviecoin Tokens to active participants in the entertainment business (e.g., talent or production companies and various service providers) and consumers who seek to engage and participate in entertainment in new ways offered through the Company’s platform capabilities. Financing of the build out of the services platform is to be executed through the issuance of Moviecoin Tokens that business clients can use to access trade finance and the MovieCoin platform, and consumer clients can use to purchase movie tickets or other entertainment offerings.
MovieCoin Technologies will hold all of the Company’s technology assets, including licensed intellectual property or technology developed by or for the Company itself. MovieCoin Technologies also exists to manage all technology applications, use of licensed technology from affiliates or third parties and development of tech-based intellectual property for use in connection with the MovieCoin platform. This subsidiary maintains exchange-based tech solutions to facilitate token surveillance, ownership, reporting and trading application. In addition, MovieCoin Technologies will own and operate consumer-facing interactive media applications, including Movie.io, the trademarks and patents, if any, associated with the platform, and the applications to
enhance the build out of consumer engagement initiatives. To fulfill its technology requirements, the Company has aligned with BANKEX through a comprehensive license agreement, development agreement and servicing transition arrangement, pursuant to which BANKEX licenses its technology built on Ethereum and agrees to develop additional functionality required to manage and operate the MovieCoin platform.
Chairman and CEO
Chief Operating Officer
EVP of Global Strategy
Head of Business Development
SVP of Corporate Affairs
Head of Marketing and Public Relations
Partners & Investors
Founder and CEO of BANKEX
Chief Commercial Officer of BANKEX
Chief Financial Officer of BANKEX
- November 2017Company Launch MovieCoin was founded by Christopher Woodrow in partnership with BANKEX, a leading fintech company with expertise in developing blockchain solutions MovieCoin closes Series A funding with BANKEX
- Q1 2018Platform Design BANKEX begins to tailor its existing proprietary applications for the needs of the filmed entertainment business. Moviecoin Tokens are designed as an entertainment industry cryptocurrency, supported by smart contracts, representing the value for goods and services in the MovieCoin ecosystem. Team Building MovieCoin appoints former COO at Participant Media, Jeff Ivers, as Chief Operating Officer Marty Pompadur is appointed to the Board of Directors MovieCoin announces the formation of an Advisory Board; members have diverse backgrounds in film production, studio management, investment banking, technology and venture capital
- Q2 2018Community Building MovieCoin attends blockchain events around the world and the Cannes Film Festival MovieCoin begins to receive media exposure and seeks strategic partnerships with a consortium of progressive companies to develop and proliferate blockchain technology
- Q3 2018MovieCoin Smart Fund & MovieCoin Exchange MovieCoin Smart Fund (MSF) is structured to be enhanced by smart contracts that automate the document flow typical for a movie fund, introducing new efficiency and transparency for investors Technology building to support the MovieCoin exchange is initiated. The groundbreaking MovieCoin Exchange Terminal is designed to create a robust secondary market for film investment
- Q4 2018Capital Raising & Token Sales MovieCoin to close Series B and Series C funding following roadshows seeking participation from a global base of institutional investors MovieCoin launches sale for Moviecoin Tokens and MovieCoin Smart Fund Tokens
- Q1 2019MovieCoin Smart Fund Launches The MovieCoin Smart Fund is launched as a program to finance and own a portfolio of wide-release, feature-length major motion pictures. Investments are to be funded from proceeds of equity securities, security-backed tokens and from borrowings under a credit facility Content Financing Activities Commence MovieCoin finances its initial films via the MovieCoin Smart Fund MovieCoin provides production financing through MSF Tokens as proof-of-concept
- Q2 2019Consumer Portal Movie.io Launched Movie.io is launched as an innovative, online, mobile-friendly portal designed to create more engaging experiences for film fans using Moviecoin Tokens Platform Validation MovieCoin continues to develop and build the MovieCoin platform, wallet and exchange that will unlock access, liquidity and transparency for entertainment investors and businesses
- Q3 2019Essential Platform Modules Complete Key functionalities of the platform are finalized based on data and feedback collected by users MovieCoin Exchange Terminal Activated Fund investors can begin to access secondary market liquidity for content investments (subject to applicable securities regulations)
- Q1 2020MovieCoin Licenses and Monetizes Platform Fund investors can begin to access secondary market liquidity for content investments (subject to applicable securities regulations). MovieCoin Films Released Theatrically Initial films financed by the MovieCoin Smart Fund are released theatrically worldwide
- Q1 2021MovieCoin Expansion Serialized funds launched (MovieCoin Smart Fund II, MovieCoin Asia Film Fund) MovieCoin JVs in China and India MovieCoin enters new content (Television)
- Platform: Ethereum
- Price: 1 BTC = 60,000 MOV
- Accepting: ETH, BTC, BKX, USD
- Token distribution: 30% - Initial sale 30% - Follow-on Sale 12.5% - Team 12.5 - Options pool 10% - Advisors 2.5% - Bounty 2.5% - Foundation
- Hard cap: 10,000 BTC
Registraton Address: Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Prehistory of project
No prehistory information were found
Product or its MVP
All development is planned for Q2 2019. No other MVP were found
Zlata Baldekova – CMO / Co-Founder at Jaroona
Advisor Scott Walker – Managing Partner at Wavemaker Genesis
Igor Khmel, Syed Hussain, Andrei Gunin – managers at BANKEX
No escrow information were found