Decentralized ID - ID protection software
DID is a software schema and a Foundation geared towards protecting your ID on the Blockchain. DID puts your ID in your control by Decentralizing it. As of its launch in September 2017, DID comes with a working software schema based on mobile wallets and the Ethereum Network to show how ID verification can be performed on a Blockchain. DID also provides a draft proposal for how to achieve this and recommends starting a foundation to oversee how ID is being used/transferred in a Crypto-world. The project is working closely with a Government department to conduct a pilot study of putting National ID cards on the Blockchain. After a successful ICO in Q1 2018, Torquesol UK Ltd will form a...
Token sale ended
- Token: DID
- Price: pre-ICO: 1 DID = 0.001 USD, ICO: 1 DID = from 0.0013 USD
- PreICO start: 27 Dec 2017
- PreICO end: 4 Jan 2018
- ICO start: 4 Jan 2018
- ICO end: 4 Mar 2018
- Country: United Kingdom
DID is a software schema and a Foundation geared towards protecting your ID on the Blockchain. DID puts your ID in your control by Decentralizing it. As of its launch in September 2017, DID comes with a working software schema based on mobile wallets and the Ethereum Network to show how ID verification can be performed on a Blockchain. DID also provides a draft proposal for how to achieve this and recommends starting a foundation to oversee how ID is being used/transferred in a Crypto-world. The project is working closely with a Government department to conduct a pilot study of putting National ID cards on the Blockchain.
After a successful ICO in Q1 2018, Torquesol UK Ltd will form a Foundation, in accordance with Charities & Trustee Investment acts under the UK laws, putting in a budget as provided by the ICO participants. The Foundation has 3 objectives:
- Protecting your ID: The #1 objective of the foundation is to protect and put you in control of your ID on the Blockchain. At its heart, the foundation exists to decentralize your Identification to protect YOUR interests.
- Providing Trust: The foundation will form a trust platform where publishers and subscribers gather together to transfer ID over the Blockchain securely and with full trust of both parties.
- Crypto-positive: We believe that crypto technology is a new parallel Internet being formed today. We want to be the reason and the first step that people take towards a crypto-future.
The DID foundation will re-imagine and re-engineer subscribers’ trust in authenticity over a decentralized network. Before you provide your ID or data to an organization, you can now check over a decentralized network if the requested transaction comes from a verified source. These smart contracts will prove as an irrefutable certificate of Authenticity belonging to an entity wishing to participate in ID verification or issuance. Just like the SSL Certificates of today, these BOCA certificates will come with detailed information about the assigned party as well as expiration and other attributes attached to it. Users will be able to safely and securely verify the originating source of an ID request.
Project manager, Fintech markets expert
Financial consultant, Foundation advisor
Blockchain technology enabler
Communications manager, Privacy thought leader
Managing Partner at LDJ LP Fund Investments, Advisor
Microsoft, Head of Investments Microsoft London
ARC Angels Funds (Greenwich, CT, NYC)
Tesla Foundation - Founder Cybersecurity, Robotics & AI
Former Chief Cybersecurity Officer Daopay, Global Payments(NYC)
- Q4 2017SOFTWARE UPDATE, BETA LAUNCH To launch the beta version of the DID app complete with a DID Login app and transfer facilities. Also, to finalize the app security and to develope further ways to store ID on a user's own device. To secure the Ethereum nodes in DID network.
- Q1 2018P2P ID DEVELOPMENT, SCHEMA DEVELOPMENT To develop and deliver a working schema of P2P ID verification. Study to be carried out in collaboration with a Govt ID issuing authority. We will also focus on other decentralized networks in the market to research the best network for ID verification and issuance. FORMATION, THE DID FOUNDATION In January 2018, DID will seperate from Torquesol UK Ltd and will form a foundation. The agenda of the foundation will be to protect people's IDs over a decentralized network.
- Q2 2018NETWORK CALIBRATION, REVIEW While currently based on the Ethereum network, we are actively looking for a stateless Blockchain technology. We will review the available networks and come up with a proposal. PARTNERSHIPS, R&D, COMMERCIAL The foundation will work with (a) Govt ID issuing authorities (b) Blockchain owners (c) Industry leaders to forge partnerships to take the DID manifesto forward. This includes studies, experiments, funding rounds and collaborations.
- Q3 2018BOCA REVIEW, UPDATE As of Q3, 2017, we have given a proper definition to BOCA as a replacement of SSL over the blockchain. We will review and implement a BOCA-2 certificate encompassing industry and peer reviews. We will also issue the first batch of commercial BOCA certificate to organizattions. BOCA SALE, FIRST BATCH The first batch of BOCA certificates will be sold to organizations. The operational team will work closely with corporates, Govt bodies to carefully select and decide on the first batch of BOCA certificates. These certificates will be based on BOCA-2 standard.
- Q4 2018SOFTWARE UPDATE, RELEASE CANDIDATE We will finalize the technology and offer a release candidate of the software produced. In addition, developer APIs will be finalized and an Eco system running on a decentralized netowrk for ID verification and issuance will be completed. FULLY PROFITABLE, ON IT'S FEET! By Q4, 2018, DID will earn out of (a) issuance of BOCA certificates (b) charging a percentage on DID transactions to stand on its own feet and to become a profitable, noble-caused organization.
- Q1 2019LEADERSHIP, MARKET PENETRATION As per DID's agenda, we will take our schema to the masses. We are Crypto-positive and will get DID's app and schema into people's hands. This includes, but is not limited to, issuing a Govt ID on the DID schema.
- Platform: Ethereum
- Price: pre-ICO: 1 DID = 0.001 USD, ICO: 1 DID = from 0.0013 USD
- Accepting: BTC, ETH, BCH
- Token distribution: 84% - Crowdsale
- Hard cap: 20,000,000,000 DID
Torquesol UK Ltd. Registration Address: London, United Kingdom
Prehistory of project
By the way, no real proving of these projects working were found. Cannot be counted as prehistory of DID.
Product or its MVP
According to the roadmap, beta was launched in Q4 2017.
Here is a link https://login.my.id/ but registration is only available by invitations.
Public beta is not available at the moment.
Advisor David Drake – Advisor at https://www.caviar.io/
Sheikh Abdullah Naveed has his projects at own website https://daddy.london/
By the way, his experience is only in IT and fintech, not blockchain.
No escrow information were found
Media block to be updated after news issued soon